The goal of the LGBTQIA+ Fair Housing Toolkit is to educate housing providers, tenants, applicants and other housing consumers on LGBTQIA+ fair housing protections to advance housing equity for LGBTQIA+ individuals.
- Provides an overview of key fair housing laws, regulations, and executive orders related to LGBTQIA+ protections
- Provides a summary of HUD’s Equal Access Rule
- Describes the specific protected housing rights of LGBTQIA+ individuals
- Introduces housing providers to culturally competent definitions and terminology used when discussing sexual orientation and gender identity
- Provides information on the ways housing providers can prevent housing discrimination in their daily operations
- Provides detailed information on how and when an individual can report housing discrimination
To view the full toolkit, click here